Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Crop


Although I haven't been entirely successful in the past, I decided to plant some vegetables this year. I have had herbs for a couple of years now that seem to do pretty well, even my basil looks good this year. The problem for me has always been that I don't think we ever get hot enough in Seattle for long enough. Well, things are looking pretty good this year. I planted cucumber, zucchini, jalepenos, and tomatoes along with various herbs and some great smelling lemon verbena. I have been using the herbs in my dishes for awhile now but today was my first harvest of vegetables. Today I picked a jalepeno and zucchini so here are some pics! Also, compare my pond picture to last years(on the bottom, duh).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the 'crop'. My plan for world hunger is planting an extra zucchini here and there...and your 'water feature' is really looking nice. Good job, gardeners are suppose to photograph their projects year to year for improved planning! ... mom.