Sunday, July 15, 2007

Choo Choo


This weekend I ventured down to the land of Port, otherwise known as Portland, to meet up with my parents and sister at the antiques and collectible show. I know, I know, what an exciting life I do lead. It was a good time had by all. We walked around and checked out all sorts of pretties and all sorts of overpriced crap. I didn't really buy much but I was close. The above image is what I almost bought but I didn't like the framing. It was an etching signed by the artist from the late 1920s early 1930s who seemed to have a fascination with dogs urinating. I thought it would be good bathroom humor. If you want to look him up on the web his name is Boris O'Klein. Apparently, he was a Russian who went to Paris to earn his artist chops and that is where he developed his risque fascination. After the show we went out to dinner and then back to my parent's trailer for the night and I taught them how to play Mexican train. A good time was had by all and especially by my mom as she was the victorious one. Below is my artsy fartsy picture of the game. It really does have a horrible name, though. It sounds like something that should happen in an East LA prison. What a good game! I took second.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did have really good luck and loved your visit. Great art... both yours and Boris's. much love... mom

Anonymous said...

Mexican Train does kick ass...either in prison or with dominos...

Tracy